A twist on an old time favourite, well worth the effort.Print Pin Rate
- 7 sheets Filo pastry thawed
- 8 apples cored and quartered and sliced
- 2 oz butter salted butter and melted
- 2 oz sugar brown soft
- Cinnamon or nutmeg
- Core the apples, cutting into quarters, leaving the skins on when slicing.
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray paper with cooking-oil spray (or brush lightly with vegetable oil). Lay 1 sheet filo on paper and brush lightly with a little melted butter.
- Sprinkle with a teaspoonof sugar
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Repeat layering 5 more times (with filo, butter, sugar and spice), pressing firmly so it sticks to sheet below.
- Lay the last filo sheet on top, brushing with remaining melted butter, layer with the apples and sprinkle on top with sugar and spice.
- Bake until filo and apples are golden brown, approximately 25 – 30 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes, then serve.
***For a tart taste – use Granny Smith apples. For a sweeter taste, use Fuji apples.
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 133mg | Potassium: 207mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 275IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg