Cupcakes or Fairy cakes are a delightful addition to any birthday or tea party. You can decorate them however you wish. Light and airy, they are a must for the birthday tea or celebration.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 12 cupcakes
- 3/4 cup soft tub margarine
- 1 cup – 2 tbsp cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F/ 175°C
- Grease the cupcake tins or put paper liners in each individual hole.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and beat well with an electric mixer or electric hand whisk for 3-4 minutes until evenly mixed. If it is too thick add a little milk.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin, level the surface and bake in the preheated oven. Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes.
Decorate them however you wish, you can just dust them with icing sugar (powdered sugar) or use butter icing, simple icing, fondant, marzipan, chocolate. The ways to decorate are endless.