- 8 oranges
- 250 g sugar caster or granulated
- 300 ml water
- Peel the rind from two oranges very thinly. Cut into narrow strips and plunge into boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Remove the pith and peel from all the oranges. Slice horizontally and remove any pips. Reassemble the layers of each orange and fasten together with a cocktail stick.
- Put the sugar and 1/4 pint (150 ml) water in a saucepan. Dissolve over a low heat, and then bring to a boil. Boil until the syrup changes to a golden brown.
- Remove pan from heat and pour in the rest of the water immediately, taking care that it does not splash. Heat again slowly to dissolve the caramel.
- When cold, pour over the oranges and garnish with the orange rind.
Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 237mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 43g | Vitamin A: 295IU | Vitamin C: 70mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 1mg