- 10 fl.oz Water
- 5 oz Flour strong flour is best- like bread flour
- Pinch Salt
- 4 oz Butter
- 4 Eggs
- Pinch Sugar
- 1 – 3 oz of brewed coffee
- 16 oz icing sugar
- Bring the water, pinch of sugar and butter to the boil in a saucepan. Remove from heat.
- Add the sieved flour and salt and mix in with a wooden spoon.
- Return to a moderate heat and stir continuously until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Gradually add the beaten eggs, mixing well.
- The paste should be of dropping consistency. Place into piping bag and create size preferred. Bake at 400°F for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Whil eclaires are in the oven, combine your coffee (cooled down) with the icing sugar to form your coffee filling. Once the eclaires are out of the oven and cooled, fill with coffee cream or plain cream as desired.
Calories: 3345kcal | Carbohydrates: 562g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 110g | Saturated Fat: 64g | Cholesterol: 899mg | Sodium: 1072mg | Potassium: 395mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 445g | Vitamin A: 3784IU | Calcium: 147mg | Iron: 10mg