1 clove garlic, halved
155 ml (5fl.oz/ ⅔ cup) dry white wine
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 teaspoon curry paste
250g (8 oz / 2 cups) grated Gruyère cheese
185g (6 oz / 1 ½ cups) grated Cheddar cheese
1 tsp cornflour (cornstarch)
2 tbsp dry sherry
pieces of naan bread, to serve
- Rub the inside of the fondue pot with cut clove of garlic.
- Pour in wine and lemon juice and heat gently until bubbling. Reduce the heat to low, add curry paste and gradually stir in grated cheeses, then continue to heat until cheeses ,melt, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, blend cornflour smoothly with sherry, then stir into cheese mixture and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until mixture is thick and smooth, stirring frequently.
- Do not allow fondue to boil.
- Serve with piece of naan bread.
From The Book of Fondues