12 oz (350 g) dried apricots, soaked overnight
Juice and rind of 1 lemon
12 oz (350 g) caster sugar
8 oz (225 g) unsalted butter
4 large eggs
1. Cook the fruit with the lemon juice and rind until soft in the water used for soaking. Liquidize or sieve.
2. Cook the juice and rind slowly in a double saucepan with sugar and unsalted butter, until the sugar has dissolved and the butter has melted.
3. Strain in lightly beaten eggs.
4. Cook gently, stirring frequently, until just beginning to thicken. Do NOT boil.
5. Remove from heat and pour at once into warmed, sterilized jars. Cover, label and store.