A cheesecake that tastes better made the day before, so wonderful for preparing ahead when you have guests coming over.Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 8 people
- 7 oz ginger snap biscuits crushed
- 2 oz butter melted
- 11 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/2 oz icing sugar, sifted
- 4 limes zest and juice finely grated
Making the base
- Mix together the crushed biscuits and melted butter and press into the base of a 7 inch (18 cm) spring sided, or loose bottomed cake tin.
- Leave to one side so it can set while you make the filling.
Making the topping
- Place the mascarpone, icing sugar, lime zest and juice in a bowl and beat together. Allow to chill for one hour in the fridge.Spread over the biscuit base. Cover with cling film. Keep it in the fridge until you need it.
- To decorate you can coat some leaves from the garden with melted chocolate, leave them in the fridge to harden then peel the leaf off and place the chocolate leaves on top of the cheesecake before serving.
If the mascarpone mixture starts to curdle, place it back in the fridge until all the ingredients are the same temperature, then mix it again with a wooden spoon or spatula until it is smooth.