2 red onions, sliced into thick wedges
4 courgettes (zucchini), cut into chunky cubes
2 red peppers, de-seeded and sliced into strips
2 yellow peppers, de-seeded and sliced into strips
low fat olive oil cooking spray
1 large white onion, chopped and sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 – 400 g (14 oz) cans of chopped tomatoes with herbs
a small bunch of fresh basil or parsley, chopped
200 g (7 oz) low fat soft cheese
300 g (10 1/2 oz) very low fat plain yogurt
1 teaspoon French mustard
a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
8 sheets (no pre-cooking required) lasagne
paprika, to dust
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C (400 degrees F).
2. Place the red onions, courgettes, and peppers in a large roasting tray. Season and spray with the low fat cooking spray and then roast for 25 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened and charred on the edges.
3. Meanwhile, spray a non-stick frying pan with the low fat cooking spray and fry the white onion and crushed garlic until softened, adding a few tablespoons of water if they stick. Add the canned tomatoes, herbs and seasoning, and then bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
4. Gently warm the soft cheese, yogurt, mustard and nutmeg together and stir until smooth.
5. Layer the roasted vegetables, lasagne sheets and tomato sauce twice over in a large ovenproof dish, finishing with a layer of lasagne covered in the cheesy yogurt sauce. Dust with paprika and bake for 25 minutes or until golden and bubbling up at edges.