Mysteroni Soup (Minestrone)
A quick tasty soup that lets you use the tins in your cupboard and vegetables in your basket. ScrumptiousPrint Pin Rate
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 potato peeled and cut into 1/2 inch (10 mm) cubes
- 1 carrot scraped and cut into chunks
- 1 leek sliced into rings
- 1/4 green cabbage shredded
- 1 stick celery chopped
- 500 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 500 g can of pulses any beans of your choice – drained and rinsed
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 600 ml boiling water add to the stock
- 200 g of any pasta small pasta for quick cooking/ large pasta for slow cooking – or gluten free pasta
- 1 bouquet garni 2 bay leaves, 2 sprigs rosemary and 2 sprigs thyme, tied together
- salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese freshly grated to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the chopped onions and garlic and fry for about 5 minutes or until the onions are soft and golden.
- Add the prepared potato, carrot, leek, cabbage and celery to the saucepan. Cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring frequently, to coat all of the vegetables in the oil.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, vegetable stock and bouquet garni to the pan, stirring to mix. Add in the pasta. Leave the soup to simmer, covered for 15-20 minutes or until all of the vegetables are just tender.
- Remove the bouquet garni, season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with plenty of freshly grated Parmesan.
Calories: 163kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 811mg | Potassium: 698mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 3722IU | Vitamin C: 49mg | Calcium: 158mg | Iron: 5mg