Simple to make and delightful to eat. A quick cookie that you can make and freeze easily.
Print Pin Rate
0 from 0 votes
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour/Plain Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F/ 175° C.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Put butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.Mix in eggs. Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in flour mixture.
Making the cinnamon sugar
- Stir together cinnamon and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl.
creating the cookies
- Shape dough into twenty 1 3/4 inch balls; roll in cinnamon sugar. Space 3 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges are golden, for 12 minutes. (NOTE: They do not look fully cooked when ready.) Let cool on sheets on wire racks. Cookies can be stored between layers of parchment in airtight containers at room temperature up to 3 days.