1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp Clear Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp No-Color Almond Extract
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, cream butter with sugar with mixer until light
and fluffy. Add egg and extracts, mix well.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture 1 cup at a time, mixing after
each addition. Do NOT chill dough.
3. Divide dough into 2 balls.
4. On a floured surface, roll each ball into a circle approximately 12 in. wide and 1/8 in. thick.
Dip cookie cutter in flour before each use.
5. Bake cookies on uncreased cookie sheet 6-7 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
**Makes about 3 dozen. Recipe may be doubled.
From Wilton Cake Decorating 2009 Wilton Yearbook