A great recipe when tangerines are plentiful – which is Christmas for me!Print Pin Rate
- 1 lb 500 g tangerines or satsumas
- 1 tsp 5 ml lemon juice
- 30 oz 900 ml water
- 1 1/2 lbs 750 g preserving sugar
- Wash fruit and cut in half. Squeeze juice and remove pips.
- Mince or liquidize skins roughly. Put skins, juice and water in a large pan and add pips in a muslin bag.
- Cook slowly until original volume is reduced by 1/3.
- Add sugar and bring to a boil, stirring all the time to dissolve sugar.
- Boil until setting point is reached.
- Pour into hot, sterilized jars. Cover and label.