Tiki Snack Mix
A delicious snack for parties or family night in front of the TV!Print Pin Rate
- 10 slices bacon thick and meaty
- 2 cups cashews or any nut you prefer, salted
- 1 1/2 cups candied pineapple rings cut into ⅓” triangles
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce low-sodium
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Cut the bacon into ½ inch strips. Bake for 30 minutes, until the bacon is crisp. Drain all the fat off and dab with a paper towel to get the remaining fat.
- Place the nuts, the chopped pineapple, soy sauce, cayenne pepper and honey in a bowl
- Once the bacon is cooked, add to the bowl and toss it all together. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring once until it is brown.
- Season the mix with salt and fresh ground pepper, stir occasionally until cool. Serve and enjoy!
Make sure there aren’t any nut allergies among the people going to eat this, so that you can make adjustments.
Calories: 1503kcal | Carbohydrates: 96g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 113g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Sodium: 1037mg | Potassium: 1741mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin A: 208IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 18mg