This is a delicious Scottish treat. Almost similar to fudge in America, but lighter and melts in your mouth!
2 lbs (875g) granulated sugar
4 oz (100 g) butter
14 0z (396 g) can condensed milk
1/4 pint (140 ml) milk
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1. Melt butter with milk in pan then add sugar.
2. Dissolve sugar in mixture stirring all the time.
3. Add condensed milk and bring mixture to boil still stirring constantly.
4. Bring mixture to soft ball consistency 240 F degrees (either use a sugar thermometer to test or drop a little mixture into a cup of cold water, leave for 1 minute and, if you can, for a soft ball between finger and thumb, the tablet is ready).
5. Take off heat, add extract and beat mixture until it begins to thicken and grain. Pour into a buttered tin and when set, cut into squares.