- 6 thin-skinned oranges
- 3/4 pint 375 ml white vinegar
- 14 oz 350 g sugar
- 2 tsp 10 ml cloves
- 3 in cinnamon stick
- Wipe the oranges but do not peel. Slice across in thin rounds. Put into a pan with water to cover and simmer for 45 minutes until the peel of the fruit is tender. Drain the fruit.
- Put the vinegar, sugar and spices into a pan and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmering point, and add the orange rings a few at a time.
- When they are all in the pan, cook gently until the rind becomes transparent. Lift out the orange rings with a slotted spoon and pack into warmed jars.
- Boil syrup for 5 minutes until it starts to thicken and pour over the fruit. Put one or two of the cloves into each jar and seal at once.
[et_pb_section admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”Row”][et_pb_column type=”2_3″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid” saved_tabs=”all”] Ingredients: Olive oil for deep frying Mixture of vanilla caster sugar and icing sugar for dusting 3 1/2 oz (1 cup / 100 g) self-rising flour 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 oz (1/4 cup…